Monday, May 19, 2008

One Little Word -

While surfing the net I came across this blog - "One Little Word" (here)
and I was so inspired to create. It started with Gigi's "Tips & Technique #4"
Gigi shares ideas for recycling. As I finished reading the article my family finishes
another box of cereal. So you guessed it - I rescued it.
Then I read her article about time:
Word Up #26: TODAY i have begun to have a love affair with today...seriously...those of you who are Sisters over at Scrap In Style TV know that each day i start a thread called "today i will"...and it has been cool (& a lot of help organization wise) to have someplace where i can sit for a few minutes & create my plan for the day...lots of it is all that mundane house-wife-y stuff...the laundry, the bills, vacuuming, call this person, don't forget that, etc...its all that stuff of the everyday...yeah...not too exciting lots of times...but despite it's lack of luster, I've learned immensely from it...today holds such promise & possibility...today holds such hope...today can be anything you want to create for it...today can hold great power...today can be the start of something big...today can change your life...so I'm thinking now you don't think my love affair is so wacky :)
take this quote for instance...it is sure to help you change your mind about today & your power to use it:

This is the beginning of a new day.
You have been given this day to use as you will.
You can waste it or use it for good.
What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good.
<----Amby Nic Montage
So here is what I came up with:

This necklace was given to me by a friend because she knows I love beads. I've had it for awhile,but it was to bulky to use as is. So I took a strand out of it.

I used it in combination with a few other beads and used it to hang my "Today" sign.

The sign and letters are from my recycled box of cereal.





The hole in the "O" inspired me to pull out my owl stamp. Here is what I came up with:


This one is just for fun


P.S. Check out my cyber friends blog Kim B Vintage Springs


She inspired this necklace.


The "owl" is interchangeable with this: It's a picture tile my friend Heather made and it has a picture on each side.






Thanks for the inspiration "One Little Word"

4 comments:

Lynn said...

all I can say is WOW!!!!! This is ALL totally amazing! Great job!

Lynn
OLW

Ronda Palazzari said...

Thank you for sharing with us your amazing creation. The sign is a beautiful reminder of how important "Today" is to follow your dreams. Love all the beautiful necklaces...WOW!

Huggs,
Ronda

Jennifer said...

Def B e a u t i f u l! It is so you with style and color! (;-)

lauren bergold said...

holy guacamole!!!!!!!!!

you are just TOO cool, toooooooo clever, and too amazing! i am enthralled by your ever-changing creativity!

(wow!)