Friday, February 1, 2008

To be loved is to Live Forever in someone's Heart

This was inspired by another challenge from "My Inner Martha"
The challenge:
LACE!
"I don't know about you, but I have gobs of lace. I just got a giant box of it from Freecycle. It is challenging for me to use, though, so I shy away from it. Not this week!! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to use lace on a card, layout, or project. Be creative!! It doesn't have to be the typical ruffly girly lace... And yes, I'm sure with a little creativity you can even figure out how to use it on a boy page.
"

I choose to accept. I've been distressing, sewing and doing lots of painting today.

This was the original

I made this Collage/frame for my mom. Those (really bad) pictures are of her parents. I know she misses them, so I made her this little gift.
The pink and cream lace are from The Embelishment Studio, the 3 pink flowers belonged to my grandmother, the cherub my mom gave me several of those. The beads and sequence are from my wedding dress, vintage white buttons, prima flowers, the cross I picked up at Michaels. The Quote and the cards stock is from Club Scrap.



I made a similar embelishment and I really liked it but it went in my scrapbook and stored away in a bookcase. I thought why not make one to display.
<

2 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

What a great project! I like the idea of an altered frame, though I haven't done one myself... yet! I'll have to try it - this turned out great!

Jennifer said...

That is awesome project! awesome works you did with embills too.

Keep it up! :-)