Saturday, June 6, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You:1st annual Ultimate Card Showdown

Nothing like a little challenge to get me going and then add a sketch to it and it's a bonus. Sketches make scrapbooking so easy and quick.
I came across this Sketch site today. 2 Sketches 4 You They are celebrating their first anniversary and have a sketch challenge. Go take a look, it's a fun site.
I needed to make an anniversary card for my in-laws. 52 years! I wanted some vintage stuff and some new stuff. The lace is vintage and the butterfly is made from a very old book that was ruined so I sewed a couple of pages together, tore it out to make it look like a butterfly and inked the edges to match. Followed the sketch, stamped "love" a few extras and all done. Fun and easy.



I liked how it turned out. I know my mother in law will love it.

11 comments:

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card! I love the butterfly! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Jennifer said...

awesome and so pretty!!

Elise said...

That butterfly is just OVER THE TOP! I love it! It's so awesome how 3D and slightly off the edge it is! Makes me want to READ the inside! Hee Heee Your in-laws will love it!

~amy~ said...

seriously...this is gorgeous...I love how you made your butterfly! wow!!!

anja curvers said...

Such a beautiful card love how you made that butterfly. You've found your scrapmojo that's for sure.

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful card!! I {heart} your butterfly!

Jingle said...

Oh, that butterfly makes me swoon! I love it!

Unknown said...

Pretty Card! Good luck in the challenge! I am in it too and love looking at the other entries!

cnelson said...

so pretty! love the dimension of the butterfly!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun butterflies. Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Nathalia Castellon said...

So sweet! The way the butterfly is layered is really lovely!