Sunday, June 14, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #9

Another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge
These challenges are fun and get my creative juices going. Dawn McVey does an awesome job selecting the colors for her challenges.
Here are the colors she chose this week.




Here is my fun card.


I made another butterfly from an old book. I sewed a couple of pages together and tore it out in the shape of a butterfly. I glued on some black rhinestones that are meant for clothes.

I used an old Domino piece and glued acrylic letters to it, also used black vintage lace.

8 comments:

Kara said...

Love your layered butterfly!!
Kara

Traveling Mama said...

This is beautiful! I especially love that lace! what a nice touch!

Aimes said...

Fab take on the challenge! I love your card. So clever to use so many different materials! I love the black lace, the butterfly, the dominoe oh I just like it all! LOL!
Aimes
x

P.S Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and leaving me the link to come check yours out! x

{PurpleD} said...

Gorgeous. Very original!

Susan said...

Great card - so much texture!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your card is awesome! I love that Butterfly that you made! Great work!! :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun big scallop! Way to rock out this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Nathalia Castellon said...

That butterfly is quickly becoming my favorite handmade embellishment. I'm going to have to tear up some books now and try it out myself. LOL :)