Friday, June 19, 2009

Use Your Stash - Got Paint?

Got paint challenge at Use your stash.
The ladies over at use your stash have challenged us to use paint. Here is my entry.
This weekend is David's and my 6th wedding anniversary. Instead of the typical card I altered this little pail. I purchased it at the dollar store over a year ago with some candy already in it.
I sanded the pail down, painted it with red acrylic paint and then covered it lightly with Mod Podge.

I then glued a strip of pattern paper to the top of it. I made two "fishing rods" and attached beads, a glass leaf, a lizzard that's meant for a bracelet and little flower. David really likes Swedish fish candy so filled the pail up with them and the tag reads "You're quite the catch."



Happy Annniversary Baby! You mean the world to me. Love ya.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Annver to both of you! How sweet of the idea you altered the bucket!!

(myself love that kind of candy and been long over due I didn't have any!)

Have a great weekend with your sweetheart!!

Unknown said...

That is delightful. I want to feature it on my blog!!!

Corey W. said...

that is such a creative idea! thanks for playing!

(and I had some swedish fish last night!)

Corey/UYS

Nathalia Castellon said...

This is absolutely adorable Sandra, so dang creative! Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!

Jessica Theodore said...

Wow you are so creative! What a fantastic idea!! love it xx

Jan said...

Ingenious! I never would have thought to give a card this way.

Happy 6th Anniversary!

Jan/UYS

RiRi said...

hey wondeful job sandra..happu anniver by the way

RiRi said...

hey, what a wonderful idea sandra.. happy anniver by the way