Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm Back

We had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect, the beaches were beautiful and the people were amazing. We explored, swam, snorkeled, hiked, learned and ate (a lot!). I started to get a little home sick - more like I missed the family that was still at home. I'm glad to be back.

I'm sharing 2 photos taken in the Northern area of the Yucatan - where part of the Mayan Civilization developed. It is now called the city of Chichen Itza. It's what we called the ruins - but I guess the appropriate name is the archaeological site.

This first picture is of the Piramid of Kukulcan -



This second picture is the Astronomical Observatory. Here they studied the stars and the plantes. The Mayan people developed 3 calendars - one of which we currently use today and this is the building where it came from.





I'll be sharing more photos later - or maybe I'll actually get a chance to scrapbook then!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful you all had a great time on this trip!

Looking forward to hear and see more pictures!