Thursday, January 31, 2008

El Senote

31 OF 31
In the last 31 days I've created 35 complete layouts, 2 cards and one project.
Yes! What a productive month.

This layout is in response to a blog I came across (see here)It's called my Inner Martha. Thanks Lauren for the reference. She has several challenges posted. One is a sketch. I took the challenge and changed mine a little bit.

I wanted to journal about the historical value of El Senote but the pictures called for something else.
Historical Mayan sources define this natural well as an important ceremonial center and pilgrimage destination between the 5th & 16th centuries A.D.
It was pretty amazing to sit there with my DD and take pictures.



and this embelishment came about as a neccesity - there are other tourist standing right there. I had to figure out how to hide them with out cropping it.

Some of the layering that I love!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Duh today is Jan 31! Wow LOVE this page soo much! Awesome finish touch with the embills! I am interest to see K's pixs from her trip!! ;-D

Yay! You did it 31 pages!