Thursday, January 24, 2008

I must have done Something right . . .

24 of 31
The title is based on the song Butterfly Kisses.
For all that I've done wrong I must have done something right ...


Journaling reads:
1983
My darling – How we survived growing up together
I’ll never know. It must have been pure love that
got us through those rough years. I was so
young, only 18 – but you were mine. All mine.
And it was you and me against all of the
elements and against an unkind world.
I learned about true love the moment you
were born and there was never a moment
of looking back, never a moment of regret. I would
give you my last breathe if that is what I had to do.
You in turn made me stronger, made me fight
harder, made me want to make this a better
world.
For all that I have done wrong – damn it, I must
have done something right to have a daughter
like you, loyal to the end, to have a person like
you love me unconditionally.
You have become such a wonderful woman.
You are successful, smart, beautiful and
You are an awesome mom.
I love you with all of my being and if I had to do
It all over again – I would choose you again.

Look at all of that vintage lace and buttons! Love my vintage buttons.
Some of the lace is from The Embelishment Studio see here

2 comments:

Nathalia Castellon said...

Awwww, heck, you made me cry ugly! That was such beautiful journaling and the photo...you look so achingly young and innocent! Amazing Sandra, you never cease to amaze me with how much heart you put into your layouts. I

Jennifer said...

beautiful journaling! :*)

May good you had the picture taken. Not every mothers get pictures at kids young ages.
Beautiful page everything fit well together!

(hugs)